It’s that time again! As we begin work on the updated ACA 2020 syllabus, this year we are able to access the Academia and Education community blog. As always, the ACA is an international accolade and it’s important that our annual update includes feedback from all our key stakeholders.
The ACA syllabus is updated annually and the process and outcomes are reported to and approved by the ICAEW Assessment Committee at their meeting in March each year; the syllabus update is then reflected in the re-publishing of the learning materials for the exams the following year. The aim of the annual update is to ensure that the syllabus remains fit for purpose and can include amendments to cater for technical changes, clarification of learning outcomes, inclusion of new areas of knowledge impacting ICAEW Chartered Accountants.
We have created a brief survey to engage with our stakeholders and would value any feedback that you may have. The survey includes the following questions:
1. In what capacity are you completing this survey (eg ICAEW member in practice, ICAEW member in business, academic, other, please specify)
2. Do you think there are any subject areas that should be included in the ACA syllabus, which are currently not covered. Please identify what these are.
3. If you have identified any areas for inclusion please indicated to what level these areas should be covered.
Level D An awareness of the scope of the area.
Level C A general knowledge with a basic understanding of the subject matter and training in its application thereof sufficient to identify significant issues and evaluate their potential implications or impact.
Level B A working knowledge with a broad understanding of the subject matter and a level of experience in the application thereof sufficient to apply the subject matter in straightforward circumstances.
Level A A thorough knowledge with a solid understanding of the subject matter and experience in the application thereof sufficient to exercise reasonable professional judgement in the application of the subject matter in those circumstances generally encountered by chartered accountants.
4. Do you think there are any subject areas of the syllabus that are not sufficiently covered. Please identify what these are.
5. Do you think there are subject areas that have too much coverage. Please identify what these are.
6. Do you think there are any subject areas that might impact the syllabus in the near future. Please identify what these are.
The 2019 ACA syllabus can be accessed here.
If you have any comments or would like something new to be considered, please get in touch with Kate Broughton at email@example.com.