The Tax Faculty has received some reports that HMRC’s Employer helpline Tel: 0300 200 3200 is proving difficult to get through to, with unacceptable, lengthy delays before calls are answered. We have also heard feedback that sometimes a recorded message announces that the lines are too busy, instructs the caller to try again another time and then the call is disconnected.
We are interested to find out if this problem is widespread, particularly as RTI can generate high volumes of calls to HMRC’s Employer helpline.
Please let us know what your experience has been when you called the Employer helpline in recent months, providing:
· an outline of the problem you were calling about
· how long it took for your call to be answered
· was your call disconnected because the lines were busy
· whether you were happy with how the call was handled, and
· if your issue was resolved satisfactorily